Sunday, March 11

Phi Sequence Dark & Light!

Rob over @ Reason101.net has a pair of new cds out, called Dark & Light! Dark is an original album featuring 16 tracks and clocking in at over 67 minutes of the glitchy ambient IDM Phi Sequence is known for creating. And Dark is also a great showcase of what is possible with Reason, Rob says that "90% of this album was made entirely with Reason 6 and the Reason 6 FSB". The second LP, Light is a remix record of Dark featuring tracks by James Hopkins, Mr Meeks, BashCoder, Mick Comito, Dig Team One, Holly Nelson, Epigenetik, and Rob even remixes himself!

Dark & Light are available for $9.99 each in either a download format or CD!

Dark:


Light:


"Art is not solitary. In order to grow, we must listen to others and open ourselves up to reinterpretations of our work. This project comprises the work of 8 musicians and producers who provided their talents and skills to reinvent my work. The concept was simple. I provided 20 songs they could remix in any way they chose. This is the outcome.

When I started this project, I had no idea how far it would reach, how much I would learn, nor how much feedback
I would get. What I received in return was innovative and inspiring. The work speaks for itself. And I am truly grateful to call them my friends. My eternal appreciation to them for providing their time and artistic vision. I am humbled for the experience."

- Rob / Phi Sequence – February, 2012

No comments: