Friday, March 25

Native Instruments Razor is the Hotness!


Razor as I'm sure most of you have heard by now is Native Instruments new synthesizer made in conjunction with Berlin based clubmusic maestro Errorsmith. While Razor is a Reaktor based ensemble you don't have to own Reaktor to use it, thanks to the new free Reaktor Player. I watched the initial trailer a couple days ago and while it piqued my interest it wasn't until reading the artist quotes on Native Instruments website last night that I was sold. Sascha Ring (Apparat), Joshua Eustis (Telefon Tel Aviv) & Carsten Nicolai (Alva Noto) all chimed in about their love of this new soft synth. Seriously if they only could have resurrected John Coltrane and Igor Stravinsky for feedback all of my musical heroes would be on board. Needless to say I picked Razor up last night and am mighty impressed. Unlike most additive synths I've tried, Razor is a blast to create sounds with - in no small part due to the lovely FFT display. I'll be filming a video this weekend with some of my favorite patches from Razor, but in the meantime here's a tutorial from macProVideo.com to get you started:



Native Instruments

No comments: