Thursday, February 24

Roland CR-78 vs Moog FreqBox (Solvent demonstration)


Hello my name is Solvent, and I like my electro funky.

This funky little setup consists of a Roland CR-78 drum machine,
a Moogerfooger FreqBox VCO, with some help from an MFB Urzwerg
analog sequencer, and Ableton Live.

The CR-78 and Urzwerg are synced to Ableton's midi clock. The
CR-78 is going into the FreqBox's audio input. Initially you hear
the dry CR-78, but then I fade the mix, from 100% source to 100%
VCO. The FB's VCO pitch is being sequenced by the Urzwerg, while
at the same time it is hard Sync'd to the CR-78's audio signal. Then
I bring in a audio loop of the same CR-78, recorded into Ableton
just a few minutes before.

If you enjoy analog electronic music &/or gear demos, please be
sure to check out my channel for more.

www.solventcity.com

No comments: