Monday, December 20

Richard Devine's Analogue Microcosm!


Analogue Microcosm was designed by Richard Devine in conjunction with Twisted Tools. This is Twisted Tools’ first commercial sample pack and will include a custom Reaktor sampler along with kits for Battery, EXS24MKII and more. Look for the release during Christmas week, 2010 at twistedtools.com

Richard Devine says: I wanted to design a set of sounds that were completely designed from analogue modular synthesis. All the sounds in this collection where patched and created from scratch. My goal was to design a set of sounds that had a unique character to them. I was inspired by my recent work using my Doepfer Euro Rack modular system. I have spent the last 5 years building up this rather large system of specific modules. I had carefully planned and organized over 6 cases of modules that would become the system I have today. I had acquired many new interesting modules over the last two years that really made the system come alive. I spend hours and hours patching different configurations, and nested environments. It is almost like working with a live organism that constantly changes and mutates, never repeating the same sounds or sequences. I had become really inspired by this idea of organic regeneration and creation of sound through electricity. This collection is a result of those experiments and recordings. I tried to make these sounds very fluid and expressive. Alien and and organic come to mind. I wanted to design these sounds without the use of computer software or plug-ins.


For more information go to twistedtools.com

No comments: