Sunday, October 3

Apparat DJ Kicks Comp coming October 25th!


German electronic musician Apparat has a new DJ mix coming out on October 25th, featuring two unreleased Apparat tracks and a brand new Telefon Tel Aviv song! The mix, part of !K7's DJ Kicks series (previously spun by Kode 9, Chromeo, Juan Maclean...) is set to be one of their most memorable.

"I didn't want to make this kind of "smart" mix, that's eclectic and sounds like it's done "on purpose;" but I need to do different things to keep myself motivated," Ring explained, in a statement. "At first I wanted to make a collection of influences, all kinds of old songs, but then sometimes with those mixes it's hard to keep some kind of flow and they're just not very easy to listen to, so I ended up using good new music; music that almost gave me hope that there's more out there than boring minimal techno.

"The mix isn't that balanced when it comes to melody I guess. There's a lot of sweetness on there, but it is dark and mysterious at points. I guess the bittersweet-ness has long been kind of my thing and with this mix I was just trying to spice it up a bit."

Tracklist:

01 Apparat: "Circles"
02 69: "Rushed"
03 Telefon Tel Aviv: "Lengthening Shadows"
04 Apparat: "Interlude"
05 Luke Abbott: "More Room"
06 Oval: "Legendary"
07 Patrice Baumel: "Sub"
08 Martyn: "Miniluv"
09 Ripperton: "Echocity"
10 Cosmin TRG: "Tower Block"
11 Scorn: "Falling (Autechre 'FR 13' Remix)"
12 Born Ruffians: "I Need a Life (Four Tet Remix)"
13 Pantha Du Prince: "Welt Am Draht"
14 Phon.o: "Intervall"
15 Burial + Four Tet: "Moth"
16 Vincent Markowski: "The Madness of Moths"
17 Ramadanman: "Tempest"
18 Thom Yorke: "Harrowdown Hill"
19 Spherix: "Lesser People"
20 Oval: "TV Power"
21 Joy Orbison: "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned the Blow"
22 Apparat: "Sayulita"
23 T++: "Worn Down"
24 Tim Hecker: "Borderlands"


Quote courtesy of blurt.

No comments: