Monday, May 24

-008' Scratch Techniques FREE Reason ReFill


Yo Reason family!

Here is a new freebie, you will have alot of fun with!
I made this "FreeFill" to showcase a new series I am making, called "-008' Scratch Techniques"

In this joint we got the standard "Ahh" & "Fresh" patches.
The most scratched-ed samples of all time?
I thought they would be perfect to demo this technique..
Also included are a "BeatScratch "ToneScratch" "& "SampleScratch"
In those 5 patches, there are over 330 scratched .wav files!

PDF Manual is in the .zip file, READ IT!
but as always, get at me if you need any help.

-008'




Initial impressions:

I have to admit I almost didn't download this refill. You see I'm not really into Hip Hop and didn't think I'd be interested in a scratching refill, but I figured it's made by -008' it must be worth checking out! And it is... Yes, there's scratching for Rap/Hip Hop on here, but there's more to this refill than that. The "Tone Scratch 1" combi would sound killer in an Electro Clash setting and "Sample Scratch 7" is a lot of fun to play with. Obviously a lot of thought went into the included combinators, "Freshmaker" uses D1 as a mute button, which is great for creating stuttering effects (perhaps to mimic crossfaders?) All of the combis are set up with RPG-8 arpeggiators controlling the NNXT samplers, which makes creating scratch patterns quick and easy. Scratch Techniques - it's free, it's by -008', what do you have to lose?

No comments: