Sunday, April 4

Peter Dallas.... Rock Drummer

Perhaps the greatest Drum Demo Video ever:

Dana Strum,Mark Slaughter,James Kottak ,Bob Ezrin,Vinnie Vincent,Lita Ford,Lee Rocker,Owen Sloan,Gene Allen,Craig Goldie,Zak Starkey C.C. Deville all thought that this video should go into National Release on a double bill with Pee Wees Revenge "
Super Cheesy,Funny, Absolutely Ridiculous Video of Peter Dallas.... Rock Drummer "Designed to Showcase for the group Slaughter" when they were auditioning drummers in 1987.
Living in Hollywood at the time I had all my friends help out. Commentary by Zane (St Elmos Fire) ... Charley Dalba (Drummer w/Lita Ford) and I wrote this ridiculous script - ...Oh My God..!!!!!..........we cant believe we wrote this stupid thing ! ....young and dumb and ...hey !
The shoot was at Studio S, which the management of my band Bad Boy built for us. Located right behind the famous Mates Rehearsal in North Hollywood. We rented the 1500 sq ft soundstage w/ Frank Zappas Gauss P.A. System and Full Concert Lighting to Signed acts... as well as rehearsed and hung out there ourselves.It was our clubhouse,etc and we made a lot of friends there. Vinnie VIncent,Ace Frehley,Lita Ford and Slaughter,Producer Bob Ezrin,Zak Starkey,Wasp, where just a few of the talented artists we met and became friends with during those crazy days.
Well.......I didnt get the Slaughter gig ,but everytime I ran into Dana Strum at the Rainbow he would laugh and tell everyone within earshot about this crazy drummer Pete Dallas and his video!
I am still drumming professionally and living in Las Vegas.My dear Drummin Bro Lez Warner(The Cult) and I were talking about the Crazy Hollywood days and enjoying a few pints at the pub when Lez says... "Hey Dally....You have to put that stupid video up on you tube and share it with the world ! "
.....So..There ya go Lez Baby ! More Cheese Please !

skatergirl5056

No comments: