Monday, July 6

Murf Refill



Continuing with the Reason theme, today I'm posting a refill I made a few months ago and posted on the Props forum. This is for those of you that missed it the first time round. I'm feeling lazy today, so I just copied the text from the Props board (sampling myself, if you will):

My favorite effects pedal of all time is the Moogerfooger MuRF. MuRF stands for "multiple resonance filter array." Basically it has 8 sliders that control whether or not you'll hear the sounds in those bands. However it isn't just an equalizer because it plays patterns of those bands (22 different patterns.) Very analog, sequenced fun. Great for drums, ambience, pads. Why am I telling you this? Because I made a Refill based on this pedal. And while it isn't perfect, I think it gets the job done. Here's a link:


MuRF Style


Now you'll want to open up the combi and change the sliders around to suit whatever you are running thru it, along with the "Rate" knob. Also on the backside is an easter egg of sorts. Rotary 2 is plugged into LFO2 of Thor (which is being used as a filter device), turning this pass the zero mark controls the patterns and can make some glitchy fun at faster speeds. Inside the "Murfswing" folder are patterns from the Bass Murf pedal, and (hence the name) have the swing enabled - try bigbeat or slowbeat with some drums. The other folder, marked "murf", are the patterns from the regular Murf pedal. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this refill and any feedback would be great.

For more information and samples of the Moogerfooger Murf, check out the Moog Website:

Moog Music


2 comments:

Sterievo said...

mighty fine refill. ThX!

Lewis.72 said...

Thanks Sterievo!